Islamic Center of Las Vegas – USA
|Overall Rating||No Ratings|
|Activities and Programs for Mosque Members||No Ratings|
|Interaction with the Outside Community||No Ratings|
|Executive Committee or Board of Directors||No Ratings|
|Ramadan Experience||No Ratings|
|Quality of Friday Khutbah||No Ratings|
Islamic Center of Las Vegas
3799 Edwards Dr.
Las Vegas – Nevada – 89118
Phone: (702) 395-7013
To rank this mosque consider the following criteria for all categories:
- Main Hall (Prayer Hall)
- Mortuary (for the washing and storing of the deceased)
- Community Hall (An all purpose hall used for different events)
- Ladies’ Gallery (prayer area for female members)
- Ablution Areas (Washrooms)
- Dome and Minaret
- Offices and Meeting Rooms
- Cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation
- Furniture and equipments
- Parking Lots
2) Activities and Programs for Mosque Members
- Jum`ah Prayer and the Salah
- Islamic study classes
- Regular spiritual short talks
- Arabic classes
- Sisters’ activities or programs
- Quran memorization or Tajweed classes
- Youth activities or programs
- New Muslim classes
- Fitness or sports teams
- Counseling services – marital, family, parenting or marriage counseling
- Day care programs
3) Interaction with the Outside Community
- Dawah programs to non-Muslims
- School or church visits to present Islam
- Efforts to write or call the media
- Participation in interfaith dialogues or programs
- Initiatives to write or call political leaders
- Invitations for politicians to visit the mosque
- Participation in social service projects
- Prison or jail programs
- Food pantry, soup kitchen, or collect food for the poor
- Thrift store or collect clothes for the poor
- Anti-drug or anti-crime programs in the neighborhood
- Voter registration programs
- Substance abuse programs
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Islam
- High spirituality
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Interfaith relations skills
- Dynamic personality and motivational speaker
- Conflict prevention and resolution skills
- Capacity to represent the Muslim community and speak to the media
- Interaction manner that reflects positively on the Masjid
- Self-conduct that fosters unity and a sense of inclusion among all members of the local Muslim community
- counseling and guidance services available as needed
5) Executive Committee or Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors is elected by a membership that represents the community that the organization serves
- The Board of Directors involves all members of the mosque in identifying essential goals and developing procedures or strategies for reaching those goals
- The Board of Directors promotes the proper use of the mosque as an institution advocating Islamic principles and values
- The Board of Directors organizes activities which are beneficial to Muslims
- The Board of Directors enhances the awareness amongst Muslims residing within the mosque limits to work together towards improving their social, educational and religious life;
- The Board of Directors fosters close relationship with other groups and grassroots organizations so as to promote inter-religious harmony and good citizenship through the spirit of self-help and cooperation; and
- The Board of Directors attends to the general affairs of the mosque and keeps proper maintenance of the mosque under its management.
- The Board of Directors has a realistic annual budget and a plan for achieving it.
6) Ramadan Experience:
- Reciter of the Qur’an during Taraweeh prayers
- Length of Taraweeh prayers
- Spiritual short talks
- Quality of the Iftar (fast breaking dinner)
- Suhur (Pre-Dawn Meal)
- Programs in the last ten nights of Ramadan
- I`tikaf program (seclusion in the Mosque)
- Laylatul-Qadr program (the Night of Decree)
7) Quality of Friday Khutbah
- Was the goal of the speech clear?
- Did the speaker have high-quality information?
- Did the introduction gain attention and lead into the speech?
- Were the main points clear, parallel, and in meaningful complete sentences?
- Did transitions lead smoothly from one point to another?
- Did the conclusion tie the speech together?
- Was the language clear and vivid?
- Did the speaker sound enthusiastic?
- Did the speaker show sufficient vocal expressiveness?